Thursday, January 13, 2011

Best Performance in a Motion Picture - Drama Actor

Tough category, but there are definitely some leaders (and not-so leaders) on this list.

Best Performance in a Motion Picture - Drama Actor nominees


Who Will Win: Colin Firth. He was incredible as King George and I never once pictured him from other roles. It's damn hard to speak with a speech impediment without sounding offensive. He deserves this award! (Runner Up: James Franco).

Who I Think Should Win: James Franco. Yes, Colin Firth was amazing, but Franco made me cringe and cower when he was cutting off his own arm. (Runner Up: Colin Firth)

Who Should Be Here: Aaron Eckhart in Rabbit Hole. This was one of the SADDEST movies I have ever seen, and he definitely should have been nominated for his timing and chemistry with Nicole Kidman. (Runner Up: John Hawkes in Winter's Bone)

Who Shouldn't Be Here: Jessie Eisenberg. Yes, he played the dorky, naive kind of ass-hole, but he plays that in every film I have ever seen him in. He's like serious a Michael Cera.

Longshot: Mark Whalberg. He's probably the one guy from MA who can do a decent Boston accent. Plus he can take a punch and is apparently TOO SEXY that he needed a body double for this film. The supporting roles definitely outshone his lead, but he was still wicked good.

1 comment:

  1. Out of all of the films here I only got to see Black Swan, and let me tell you that I was taken back by this film. What an emotional experience I went through while watching this production. ANd that leaves me saying this: I dont know what is this new movie Natalie Portman is staring in if it isn't good then she better make sure publicity is on the dead zone.

    Stupid actors

    ReplyDelete