Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Golden Globe Predictions - Best Picture Drama

So I am the kinda dork who tried to watch all the nominated movies. I used to get tired of people saying "blah blah blah" should have won and "blah blah blah" sucks. So I have seen about 80% of the films in the major categories. I will list who will (probably) win, who I want to win, who was snubbed, who was lucky to be nominated and the long shot.

Best Motion Picture: Drama Nominees
Black Swan
The Fighter
Inception
The King's Speech
Social Network


Who Will Win: The Social Network. Everyone has been raving about this movie. I admit it was really good and I liked that I knew everything that was going on in the movie. But honestly, I think this film is riding on "The Hurt Locker"'s coattails, where American cinema is recognizing current generation films. (Runner Up: King's Speech)

Who I Think Should Win: The King's Speech. I am not a big fan of period pieces, and I guess this could be considered modern-period, but this movie was spectacular. There were happy moments where I had to smile along with the movie. Funny, actual laugh out loud moments. There was sad moments that almost made me cry. And there were heroic moments where when a person overcame their obstacle, I felt like applauding. Definitely worth checking out. (Runner Up: Black Swan)

Who Should Be Here: True Grit. The Coen brothers did an AMAZING job with this movie. Westerns are always great movies. I have no idea why this was not nominated. (Runner Up: The Town)

Who Shouldn't Be Here: Inception. Yeah, it was one of the coolest movies I have EVER seen (I love movies with a twist ending), but the acting in the movie was only halfway decent. In a year where there weren't two many awesome action/adventure/mystery movies, this was a great film. But this is definitely the year for non-blockbusters. That's for 2012.

Longshot: Black Swan. A lot of people saw this movie and a lot of people loved it. The story was dark and twisted and the acting was superb...except for Mila Kunis. Yes she can act, but she sounds like Jackie from That 70's Show in everything she does...she's kind of like the Fran Drescher of the 00's. (LOL) (Runner Up: The Fighter).

No comments:

Post a Comment